Wiley Education Services | Program Manager
Maitland, FL | 2019–Present
- Engage prospective students considering enrolling at one of the Wiley Partners Schools, spending approximately 90% of time on the telephone engaging prospective students in discussion about their future.
- Facilitate student enrollment into Partner School, mentoring students through the application process and into the first quarter of enrollment
- Responsible for maintaining student contact levels, demonstrating high level of product/program knowledge, and providing educational opportunities to qualified students.
- Responsible for managing and updating prospective student database, application paperwork, and follow-up documentation
Orange County Library System | Youth Outreach Coordinator
Orlando, FL | 2017–2019
- Engaged community—including families, schools, and businesses—to become ambassadors for and patrons of the Orange County Library System.
- Built partnerships with local, state, and national businesses, organizations and groups to ensure growth and success of Youth Services programs, contests, events, and campaigns.
- Managed solicitations and year-round engagement strategies and campaigns to retain current and attract new partners in order to support Youth Services programs and campaigns.
- Worked collaboratively with staff to meet annual donation and engagement goals.
George Mason University | Graduate Assistant
Fairfax, VA | 2014–2017
- Developed and instructed four sections of English 101/Composition.
- As a tutor, led face-to-face and digital tutoring sessions with undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recurring appointments with students from the ESL Opt-In tutoring program. Managed rotating projects, including Writing Center advertising guidelines and workshop redesign.
Deep Center | Director of Programs
Programs Manager (2011-2013) | Volunteer Coordinator (2009-2011)
Savannah, GA | 2009–2014
- Responsible for success of the Young Author Project, Writing Fellows program, and the Education Fellows program. The Young Author Project was a free, afterschool, creative writing workshop for middle grades students. It was named a finalist for the National Arts & Humanities Youth Program Award in 2013 & 2014, and our 2014 programs went on to win the award in 2015.
- Developed and oversaw the Deep writing mentorship program, the Writing Fellows, resulting in higher quality of service & volunteer retention.
- Created and implemented new systems for program development and sustainability, including recruitment strategies and professional development opportunities which led to a higher rate of volunteer retention.
- Directed publication of Deep’s writing curriculum, The Cure for IDK, and managed designers/illustrators for bi-annual publications and all in-house projects. Oversaw the publication of nearly fifty anthologies of student writing.
eMarket South | Social Media/Content Manager
Savannah, GA | 2009–2010
Tidbits Media, Inc. | Design Manager/Lead Writer & Editor
Montgomery, AL | 2008–2009
George Mason University | M.F.A. Creative Writing, Fiction | 2017 | 4.0 GPA | Thesis Fellow (Fiction) 2016-2017 | Shelley A. Marshall Award, 2016 | Phoebe Literary Journal: Assistant Fiction Editor, 2015-16; Fiction Editor, 2016-17
Savannah College of Art & Design | B.F.A. Motion Graphics | 2007 | 3.4 GPA | Minors: Creative Writing; Graphic Design | Broadcast Design & Motion Graphics Club Vice President & Print Coordinator | Short-story “Everyone Follows Slowly” published in SCAD literary journal, Artemis.