Fiction Editor | Phoebe Literary Journal | Fairfax, VA | May 2016–Present
• Managed submissions, solicited contributors and spring contest judge, recruited and led readers and Assistant Fiction Editor, edited published content.
Assistant Fiction Editor | Phoebe Literary Journal | Fairfax, VA | 2015-2016
• Managed #ThrowbackThursday fiction content and digital archiving.
• Assisted Editor in submission management and content editing.
Graduate Assistant | George Mason University | Fairfax, VA | August 2014–Present
• Developed and instructed four sections of English 101/Composition.
• Led face-to-face & digital tutoring sessions with undergraduate and graduate students, and recurring appointments with students from the ESL Opt-In program.
• Managed rotating projects, including advertising guidelines and workshop redesign.
Director of Programs | Deep Center | Savannah, GA | January–June 2014
• Responsible for success of programs, including the Young Author Project, named one of 50 finalists for the National Arts & Humanities Youth Program Award in 2013 & 2014.
• Created and implemented new systems for program development and sustainability, including recruitment strategies and data measurement.
Programs Manager | Deep Center | Savannah, GA | 2011-2013
• Rebranded and redesigned volunteer program as Writing Fellowship Program, resulting in higher quality of service & volunteer retention.
• Responsible for program success and continued development.
• Recruited, trained & guided local writers as volunteers, with average 50% retention rate.
Volunteer Coordinator | Deep Center | Savannah, GA | Sept. 2009–Dec. 2011
• Established competitive volunteer program; recruited, trained, & guided 70 writing mentors.
• Co-developed the Young Author Project; increased impact and extended program reach by over 60%.
• Liaised with partner schools and organizations; developed internships for university students and young professionals.
Creative Director | Deep Center | Savannah, GA | 2010–2012
• Directed publication of Deep’s writing curriculum, The Cure for IDK.
• Managed designers/illustrators for bi-annual publications and in-house projects.
• Steered development of early branding & marketing materials.
Social Media/Content Manager | eMarket South | Savannah, GA | 2009–2010
• Managed social media; developed voice and content for KeytoSavannah.com.
Design Manager/Lead Writer | Tidbits Media | Montgomery, AL | 2008–2009
• Wrote weekly content for over 250 national distribution areas.
• Managed layouts/graphics for in-house projects and distribution areas.
George Mason University | M.F.A. Creative Writing, Fiction | 2017 | 4.0 GPA | Thesis Fellow (Fiction) 2016-2017 | Shelley A. Marshall Award, 2016 | Phoebe Literary Journal: Assistant Fiction Editor, 2015-16; Fiction Editor, 2016-17
Savannah College of Art & Design | B.F.A. Motion Graphics | 2007 | 3.4 GPA | Minors: Creative Writing; Graphic Design | Broadcast Design & Motion Graphics Club Vice President & Print Coordinator | Short-story “Everyone Follows Slowly” published in SCAD literary journal, Artemis.