Youth Outreach Coordinator | Orange County Library System | May 2017–Present
• Engage community, including families, schools, and businesses, to become ambassadors for and patrons of the Orange County Library System’s services for young people.
• Promote awareness of the Orange County Library System and youth services by attending community events to promote Youth Services resources and materials.
• Build partnerships with local, state, and national businesses, organizations and groups to ensure growth and success of Youth Services programs, contests, events, and campaigns.
• Manage solicitations and year-round engagement strategies and campaigns to retain current and attract new partners in order to support Youth Services programs and campaigns. Work collaboratively with staff to meet annual donation and engagement goals.
Editorial Staff | Phoebe Literary Journal | Fairfax, VA | 2015–2017
• Managed submissions, solicited contributors and spring contest judge, recruited and led readers and Assistant Fiction Editor, edited published content.
Graduate Assistant | George Mason University | Fairfax, VA | August 2014–May 2017
• Developed and instructed four sections of English 101/Composition.
• Led face-to-face & digital tutoring sessions with undergraduate and graduate students, and recurring appointments with students from the ESL Opt-In program.
• Managed rotating projects, including advertising guidelines and workshop redesign.
Director of Programs | Deep Center | Savannah, GA | January–June 2014
• Responsible for the success of programs, including the Young Author Project, named one of 50 finalists for the National Arts & Humanities Youth Program Award in 2013 & 2014.
• Created and implemented new systems for program development and sustainability, including recruitment strategies and data measurement.
Programs Manager | Deep Center | Savannah, GA | 2011-2013
• Rebranded and redesigned volunteer program as Writing Fellowship Program, resulting in higher quality of service & volunteer retention.
• Responsible for program success and continued development.
• Recruited, trained & guided local writers as volunteers, with average 50% retention rate.
Volunteer Coordinator | Deep Center | Savannah, GA | Sept. 2009–Dec. 2011
• Established competitive volunteer program; recruited, trained, & guided 70 writing mentors.
• Co-developed the Young Author Project; increased impact and extended program reach by over 60%.
• Liaised with partner schools and organizations; developed internships for university students and young professionals.
Creative Director | Deep Center | Savannah, GA | 2010–2012
• Directed publication of Deep’s writing curriculum, The Cure for IDK.
• Managed designers/illustrators for bi-annual publications and in-house projects.
• Steered development of early branding & marketing materials.
Social Media/Content Manager | eMarket South | Savannah, GA | 2009–2010
• Managed social media; developed voice and content for KeytoSavannah.com.
Design Manager/Lead Writer | Tidbits Media | Montgomery, AL | 2008–2009
• Wrote weekly content for over 250 national distribution areas.
• Managed layouts/graphics for in-house projects and distribution areas.
George Mason University | M.F.A. Creative Writing, Fiction | 2017 | 4.0 GPA | Thesis Fellow (Fiction) 2016-2017 | Shelley A. Marshall Award, 2016 | Phoebe Literary Journal: Assistant Fiction Editor, 2015-16; Fiction Editor, 2016-17
Savannah College of Art & Design | B.F.A. Motion Graphics | 2007 | 3.4 GPA | Minors: Creative Writing; Graphic Design | Broadcast Design & Motion Graphics Club Vice President & Print Coordinator | Short-story “Everyone Follows Slowly” published in SCAD literary journal, Artemis.